Psychic Reading Guidelines
How should you prepare for a psychic or medium reading with Susan? Be prepared with these guidelines.
Psychic Reading Guidelines: Be Prepared
Whether you are a psychic reading newbie or are a reading regular, it’s wise to keep in mind a few basic psychic reading guidelines for preparing for your session with your psychic or medium. Here are a few important “Dos” and “Don’ts”.
- Clear your mind. Energy is key to any reading so clear yourself of any projections, expectations and worries of the day. Before the reading, calm yourself, take some deepbreaths and try to generate some positive energy around you.
- Identify your purpose for the reading. Prepare a list of questions or the general areas you’d like to discuss ahead of time to make most effective use of your reading time.
- Choose a time for your reading carefully. Avoid scheduling a reading when you are deeply depressed, anxious or in crisis. Instead, wait out the crisis before you schedule a reading to focus on a long-range view of your life.
- Be open to the unexpected. Generally, psychics deliver messages that you need to know versus what you want to know. Remember, the job of the psychic or medium is to give a voice to the spirit and act as a translator passing along messages. They are not in control of what messages they receive.
- Connect to your loved ones prior to the reading. When the purpose of your reading is to connect to loved ones who have passed, spend a few quiet minutes prior to the start of the session to talk or pray to your departed loved ones and personally invite them into the reading. Don’t forget to express your gratitude to their spirits for joining you in the reading and be sure to ask them what specific messages you’d like to hear from them.
- Ask open-ended questions. Be sure to ask questions that begin with “Why, What, or How” in order to allow for exploring an important issue in depth. Also, prioritize your questions and ask your most compelling question first to make sure your most important questions get answered.
- Participate in the reading. While you expect the psychic or psychic medium to do most of the talking, make sure you actively respond to the conversation in order to keep the energy strong during the reading.
- Record the reading or take notes. You’ll want to remember every message you receive during the reading! Also, you might discover that certain messages that don’t make sense during the reading prove to be accurate when reviewing them at a later time. Alternately, you may find that a family member or friend can confirm the accuracy of a message you weren’t able to during the reading.
- Plan ahead for phone readings. If you are scheduling a phone reading, make sure you are using a telephone that will guarantee good reception. The last thing you want is not to receive important spiritual messages because your phone went dead! Also, make sure you are in a quiet location with no distractions. And, for in person readings, don’t forget to power off your cell phone before the reading begins!
- Enjoy it! Whether connecting to loved ones who have passed or focusing on your life’s journey, a good psychic reading is powerful. At the end of your reading, you should feel like you’ve just had a conversation with an old friend.
- Be nervous. Your reading is intended to be a helpful and healing experience. If you come into the reading a bundle of nerves, tell your psychic or medium and take a few moments to take some deep breaths and clear your mind.
- Feed the psychic medium any information. The psychic or medium will ask questions to confirm the validity of the message being received but there’s no need to provide detailed information about loved ones who have passed.
- Force fit spiritual messages. If something doesn’t make sense, just let the psychic medium know. Expect the psychic medium to make life decisions for you. Instead, consider utilizing insights from your reading as an additional source of information, along with your own instincts and intuition, to be applied to our life situation.
- Play “Let’s Make a Deal” with loved ones’ spirit. Resist the temptation to ask them to communicate a specific message to the psychic medium to prove they are coming through. The medium will convey whatever messages are important to communicate.
- Mix your “spirits”. Arrive at your reading clear headed, without the benefit of alcohol or other substances that can alter your state of mind. Doing so will keep you from accurately processing the messages you receive during the reading. In addition, your mental state affects your psychic or psychic medium as well. Make sure you head into your reading completely focused and with a clear mind.
- Worry about expressing emotions. Some readings, especially those in which you are connecting to loved ones who have passed, are emotional. Allow yourself to experience all the emotions you have when receiving a spiritual message. Readings are meant to be healing experiences.
- Challenge the psychic. Expressing the attitude, “You’re the psychic; you tell me” does nothing to help you receive the spiritual messages you need to hear. It only serves to waste valuable reading time.
- Make any impulsive decisions following your reading. Instead, take some time to fully absorb the messages you received and their lessons before moving in a new direction. Think carefully about whether there is anything in your life you need to take action on immediately.
A personal reading with a psychic or psychic medium can be a powerful, healing experience. By following these guidelines, you can make sure you are getting the most out of your next reading.
Psychic Reading FAQs
How often should I get a reading?
How often you schedule readings is a personal choice. It’s never too soon or too late to get a reading. If something important is going on in your life or if you’ve made a breakthrough in a recent reading, you may want to schedule time for another reading. The decision is a personal one and based on your own needs and comfort level.
Can I include another person in my reading?
Yes. Often it is helpful to include another family member or close friend in your reading. For in-person readings, a $50 fee will be assessed for each additional person wishing to join the reading to address the same topic.
How much time should I book for my reading?
The length of reading depends entirely on a client’s preference. However, 15-minute readings are generally best to explore a single, specific question while 30-minute sessions are suitable for a generalized reading. When struggling with an important issue requiring more in-depth exploration, a minimum 45-minute reading or 60-minute reading is beneficial. When looking to connect with a loved one who recently passed or who passed from unnatural circumstances like a suicide or murder, a one-hour reading is needed to allow Spirits all the time they need to communicate their specific messages.
Can I contact more than one loved one during the reading?
When Spirits come through during a reading they usually bring with them an entire entourage! It is typical for multiple Spirits associated with the loved one to make an appearance during the mediumship reading.
Can I record my reading?
Absolutely. Recording your reading is advisable as it helps you remember and process every valuable message obtained during the session. Additionally, I offer clients the opportunity to have their reading recorded so that it can be shared via my YouTube channel to help enlighten others with shared experiences.
Can I ask questions during the reading?
You can—and should—ask questions!! Prepare a list of questions that are most important to you
Are there any questions you can’t or won’t answer?
Don’t look to a Psychic Medium to make life decisions for you such as whether or not you should leave your spouse. I am not living your life or walking in your shoes. Instead, use the insights gained from a personal reading to focus on your own life journey and make positive decisions for yourself.
If you see something negative in my future, will you tell me?
When receiving visions or messages of impending negative events, I aim to gently guide clients to focus on specific areas of their life they need to change. In doing so, I can help clients change the course of their future.
What techniques do you use in your psychic readings?
You won’t find any tarot cards or ouija boards during my readings! All I need to deliver insightful, accurate messages from Spirit is my inherent psychic abilities and Sixth Sense as well as the help of my own Spirit Team.
Is an In-Person reading more accurate than a Phone reading?
I am able to connect with Spirit and receive accurate visions and messages equally via in-person or telephone readings. However, since the client’s energy is an important factor in delivering a quality reading, it is up to each client to decide with which format he/she is most comfortable.